Friday 14 August 2015

My start to Jogging/Running - Week 1

Welcome to 5.14 fitness, 

As you can see from my last post, I had decided to go running four times a week whilst I am on my six week holiday. The reason for this was to have an exercise which I could maintain and fit into my schedule as it gets jumbled around and becomes hectic due to the holiday. I wanted to do something that makes you feel good and helps as I will be eating more and being active less. Running was what I decided on doing, and I have done exactly that.

My first run, about three weeks ago, gave me a  good start to running. I ran 3.4 miles ( a little over 5k ) and did it on a route which I made on Strava . This allowed me to not worry about the route I was taking and just focus on the running. I ran a lot faster than I thought I would, which is probably thanks to Insanity. I went uphill quite a bit which I admit was a bit of a mistake, but overall I did quite well. 

The benefits I felt on this first run were pretty good. First of all, when I got back I felt very happy and good , due to how hard I had worked an what I had done. It made me feel more confident about myself and , most of all, allowed me to enjoy my day more. I also managed to see more of where I live. There are places which I ran through that I had never been before, and it was cool to discover these new areas. It was also good to post my results on Strava, so that others can see it. It was good to compare my results to other people and more notably, my pro cousin. 

The time for my first run was not brilliant, and the worst of all my runs by a long shot. This was probably because I took at easy, as on your first run you should not push yourself to hard. It is important to ease yourself into these things sometimes. I didn't experience any injuries and although it wasn't enjoyable, the run was definitely beneficial.
Over the course of the next week, I ran 4 more times and Improved greatly each time. This was because I pushed myself more and paced myself better. I took slightly different routes every time to make the run more interesting. 

My last run that week was a 5k run, and I performed very well in it. I completed 5k in 21 minutes, which gave me an average pace of 7:08 minutes a mile. For a beginner, I found this was very good and gave me a boost in confidence for more upcoming runs. I also had a 200ft elevation gain, which made things a lot harder of course. 

Add me on Strava - Will Henry Roberts

Next post I will talk about my second and third weeks and more about results etc..
Sorry about lack of posts, it has been poor I admit but I will try to post regularly on a Friday or Saturday now.

Thank for reading, please subscribe and like (we will like and subscribe back) . Thanks again and peace! 
    


14 comments:

  1. It’s great that you are getting thoughts from this paragraph as well as from our discussion made at this time also visit my website Unfallwagen Ankauf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the useful information which you shared throughout your blog. I appreciate the way you shared the relevant, precious, and perfect information. Furthermore, I would like to share some information about Peergrowth. Peergrowth is a best executive search firms in UAE, to know more about the services, just visit the website and take complete information about Peergrowth. I hope, you will get immediate assistance and the right information through the website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice piece of content. I have also approache dthis subject https://sommerbody.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Blog Thans for sharing with us...and i have some information about....The botanika is a new residential project located in Gachibowli, Hyderabad. This project offers 3 BHK Luxury Apartments in Affordable Prices. Contact Us@ 98492 05577

    The Botanika
    The Botanika Hyderabad
    The Botanika Gachibowli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for Sharing with us useful information, this is my first visit in this blog, really it's very nice.
    Thanks
    Best IVF Centre in kanpur

    ReplyDelete
  6. In more than 60 countries, health programs work. Other local partners and responsive projects of fund are collaborated by this program. Some of the countries which public health programs work in are Africa, China, Central Asia and the Middle East. whataburger food for diabetic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fitness posts, I am into fitness and keto mainly Review of the Keto Diet

    ReplyDelete
  8. According to research, just 30 minutes of walking a day was linked with a 41% drop in danger for Erectile illness.
    Buy Online Sildigra 250mg Tablets

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well written! I got more insights regarding this. Thanks for sharing this post. I will look forward to reading a similar post like this. Keep posting. Once glance will give more proficiency in NetSuite ERP Consulting Services

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking for such a knowledgeable post now I got it. I get many insights regarding this. Also look into get more about Fencing Materials

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blog is very informative .I appreciate your effort behind sharing this post. Thanks for sharing and going through to acquire more details about Fencing store in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great start. You can also start on getting your dog trained along with you TODAY!
    https://sitmeanssit.com/dog-training-mu/fairfield-dog-training/

    ReplyDelete