Wednesday 10 December 2014

My weight loss journey - Insanity begginning

Welcome to 5.14 fitness,

This post is the second in which I talk about my journey from being very fat , to just the right weight. I went from a BMI of 27 to 19.8 in two years, and so have gone from very overweight to below normal weight. I can not really determine an exact time when I lost it all, but will tell you everything I did.

If you haven't read my introduction to this, then please do so- as it might really help you.
Carrying on from my last post, I was at the beginning of my journey, and I had just discovered about Insanity: the workout DVD that really packed a punch. I was ready to go, start this exercise daily, and get fit,however; I had to cross a bridge that was difficult to get across. I had already managed to overcome the laziness and disbelief, and decided to do the workout. Now I had to tell everyone else I was doing it...

This may not be the same for you, but I live in a family where I feel embarrassed quite easily. I have two sisters who will tease me, and a dad who will tease the most. Despite the fact it was my family, I did not know how to tell them I wanted to do Insanity. I felt to embarrassed to say so, and really didn't know the reaction that will happen. For me, it took a lot of guts to go and tell them.
So this is how I did it: my sisters were doing some dance video in the lounge, it was some sort of fitness DVD for dancers.  I was lucky, because this meant someone else was doing what I wanted to do- so I wasn't alone.
Just to add, I was going to do Insanity in my living room, as that is the only space big enough in my house to do it.
Anyway, I suggested I wanted to do Insanity, and went and did the first episode ( the test ) with my sister. Surprisingly, I started doing Insanity without anyone really asking me why or teasing me about it. This was really good as it made me relaxed when doing it, and now I had started, I couldn't bail out.

So Inanity is about £100 and you get about 10 DVDS in the pack, as well as free gifts and bonus videos. Despite this, I decided not to pay £100 , and streamed the videos on my laptop, which I then plugged into the TV. This meant I got it for free, and all I did was type which Insanity video I wanted into Google.
Here what the creator of Insanity, Shaun T, says about it:

When I created the INSANITY workout, I knew it would produce insane results in 60 days, but I wasn't sure if anyone 
was brave enough to try it. Turns out...there are a lot of crazy people out there. Crazy enough to actually enjoy doing 
the world's most insanely tough workout. To like the feeling of being drenched in sweat...of going balls-to-the-wall for 
a full 45 minutes of muscle-searing exercise. Is INSANITY hard? Oh, yeah. It really IS the hardest workout ever put on DVD. It's totally crazy...but it's going to get you crazy-good results.


I started Insanity with a fit test, where you jot down various result to see what kind of fitness level you are at. Things like push ups and so on. I performed these quite badly the fist time, but I may have done better, as I had no other results to compare mine with. 
After the fit test, I had the first day of high- interval training to complete. It was going to be tough, and it was going to hurt. But I was going to do it...

Next post - my first week at Insanity

Thank for reading, please subscribe and like (we will like and subscribe back) . Thanks again and peace!


0 comments:

Post a Comment