Sunday 30 November 2014

30 day workout program- Thursday workout

Welcome to 5.14 fitness,

Hi, today I am posting about the Thursday workout of the bodybuilding.com workout that I am currently doing. If you have no clue what I am talking about, then go check out my earlier posts explaining about it all.

Today's workout, on the website, trained the abs and the legs. Overall, the workout included mostly leg workout. However, all the workouts required machines, which I do not have. Because of this, I made my own workout up including previous exercises and some new leg ones.
I have been really, really busy lately, and so I did this in not much time at all, and only did three of the four exercises. Anyhow, remember to follow the instructions carefully, and make sure you check out each exercise so that  you are doing it correctly.
Just type the exercise into Google and click on a link to body-building.com- as they have great videos on every exercise.

Here is the workout:

Abdominals:
Long arm crunch
3 sets, 12 reps

Reverse crunch
3 sets, 12 reps

Janda sit up
3 sets, 12 reps

Jackknife
3 sets, 12 reps

Extended plank
3 sets 45 seconds

Rest of workout:

Bench press
3 sets, 20 reps, 1 minute rest

Dumbbell squats
3 sets , 15 reps,  60 second rest

Flat bench lying leg raise
3 sets, 15 reps, 60 second rest

Incline dumbbell press
3 sets, 20 reps, 60 second rest

Once again, for the abdominal workout, I perform one set of all the exercises in a row, then have 1 minute rest. I repeat this 3 times. I recommend doing this as it adds intensity to the workout, and makes you sweat a little bit more.

For the bench press, I used a 9kg dumbbell in each hand, so by the third set you can really feel the pressure and fatigue in your triceps and chest.  People say to tense your chest at the height of each rep, however I can't yet do this. This is probably because I do not have a strong enough mind to muscle connection. I am sure with more work, I will develop this, and I will definitely let everybody know, Remember, this bench press has no incline or decline. 

For the squats, I place a 9kg dumbbell in each hand and press them to my sides - I then do a regular squat. These are really quite painful, and it is by far the most painful exercise in the workout. 

The leg raise should be done on a flat bench, and I included it as it trains your abdominals as well as your legs. This add a little extra exercise for the abs, as on other days they are not used at all in th second half of the workout. 

The incline dumbbell press is just the same as the regular one, however is a little trickier, 

The workout  went well, and I am starting to see some results I think. I will let you know when I see clear ones. 

Thank for reading, please subscribe and like (we will like and subscribe back) . Thanks again and peace! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment