Saturday 22 November 2014

30 day workout plan: Monday workout

Welcome to 5.14 fitness,
Today I started the 30 day workout plan, and I am posting to say what I did and how it went. The workout lasted about 55 minutes, but could be done in about 45 . Personally, I found it  effective, especially in my arms and chest. The first day trains the  abs, chest , shoulders & triceps, and remember you need a bench and dumbbells for this workout . If you have not read about it, look back at my previous post.

Here is what you have to do:


Jackknife sit ups:
3 sets to failure, 60 second rest
lying leg raises:
3 sets to failure, 60 second rest
Dumbbell bench press:
3 sets, 20 reps , 60 second rest
Incline Dumbbell press:
3 sets, 20 reps, 60 seconds rest
Bench dip:
4 sets to failure, 60 second rest
Seated Bent-Over Rear Delt Raise:
4 sets, 15 reps, 90 second rest

Starting with the sit ups, I found it can be quite hard to balance when doing Jackknifes. To counter this, I gave it my all and tried to speed up each rep. If you find this not challenging enough, then hold a weighted object ( preferably a plate ) at your chest to increase the difficulty.

The leg raises should be done on a bench, and make sure to hold at the bottom to really feel the resistance in your abdominals. Try not to launch yourself up and down, instead control your movement at a steady rate. Once again, if you found this too easy, then add weight to the legs or find an alternative abdominal exercise- for example hanging leg lifts. 

For the first bench press, I used a 9kg dumbbell in each hand, so by the third set you can really feel the pressure and fatigue in your triceps and chest.  People say to tense your chest at the height of each rep, however I can't yet do this. This is probably because I do not have a strong enough mind to muscle connection. I am sure with more work, I will develop this, and I will definitely let everybody know, Remember, this bench press has no incline or decline.  

The Incline dumbbell press should be done at a relativity steep incline. I tend to push the dumbbells out more instead of lifting them above my head.  This is all similar to the last exercise.

For the bench dip, I put a chair in front of me and use that to put my legs on. I found this hurts my neck a lot , however I still feel it in my triceps and chest so it should be ok. 

The delt raise I did with a lighter dumbbell than in the other exercises.as I struggled to do 15 reps, especially due to this being the last exercise. in the workout. This one can be hard, and be careful to complete it safely. 

Overall, the workout was pretty successful, and I recommend doing it, To find out more about how to execute each exercise properly , then just type one in to your search engine and click on the a link to body-buiilding.com , as they have all exercises in detail and videos to go with each of them. 

Thank for reading, please subscribe and like. Thanks again and peace. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment