Friday 10 October 2014

Influences

Welcome to 5.14 Fitness,


When it comes to fitness there are 6 reason categories to start participating in physical activity. Every reason will fit in these categories, and these can be remembered in the simple by the term CHIPSR, this stands for:


Cultural factors: 


These are things that are around you, who you are and the things you do/believe. Culture, pretty much.
  • race
  • age
  • gender
  • religion


Health and wellbeing:


Things that affect your health , any problems concerning your body that  you might have.
  • illness
  • health problems
  • disabilities
Image:


Things that you see, image or enjoy.
  • fashion
  • media  


People:


The people around you or those you might have heard of or seen
  • peers
  • family
  • role models


Socio-economic:


Things concerning your economical situation
  • costs
  • status


Resources: 


What things are available or open to you
  • access
  • time
  • availability
  • location


The most common category is people, as we often do the same as those around us. For example: I play football because I was influenced by my family and friends.  My Dad enjoys football and encouraged me to play from an early age, helping me find a local team and to start playing in an organised format.


Guys, sorry about lateness of the post, been so busy all week with school and activities, I diud plan for a few posts but I honestly could not find the time.


Thanks for reading, please do all the usual stuff- peace!

Jason 


0 comments:

Post a Comment